I can’t believe it has been a year since my first post on this blog. It is my hope that something that was written was helpful to someone who is caring for, parenting, loves or knows someone who lives with Autism.
I plan on sharing much of the same type of content throughout 2012!
Also, my wife and I are collaborating on an exciting new project that we will announce as well in the weeks ahead!
Well, with a new year comes a new set of goals for 2012 as it relates to this blog! With any endeavor in life, if you don’t have written, realistic goals then you don’t have a plan for success. There is no way to keep yourself directed, honest and on track without having a road map for where you want your project to be at the end of the year.
Here are the goals I have for my autism advocacy efforts in 2012:
1) Continue to post content on this blog that is relevant to the blogs mission of providing “information, encouragement, support and guidance” to those families who are living with autism.
2) To take more of an active part in the larger military autism community through posts on this blog, national endeavors of opportunity as well as local hands-on efforts in the southeast.
3) To actively engage the local community through public speaking engagements in order to raise awareness, understanding and advocacy for those living with autism.
4) Begin fund-raising endeavors to provide direct monetary assistance that will be used for a variety of reasons to the needy families who live with autism.
5) To educate myself even further in information relevant to assisting others in their walk on the Pathways In Autism.
It is my hope and prayer that you are as excited about 2012 as me and my family are. Every year has been a year of growth, development and success for my family as we walk the pathways and I believe that 2012 will be that way for more families in our community. Make this year the breakout year that you serve more, love more, learn more and enjoy more of the eccentricities and little peccadilloes that your auttie brings to your life!